The Big Bear Lake Restaurant offered fine dining as well as fine dining for private events!
The menu changes seasonally, in the meantime read about the past menu to give you an idea of our offerings and commitment to quality cuisine at the Big Bear Lake restaurant.
Bistro and Premier Event Venue Specialize In:
- Fine Dining
- Weekend Brunches
- Private Parties
- Luncheons & Teas
- Corporate Meetings and more
The very best fine dining experience in Big Bear Lake!
Signature Big Bear Lake Breakfast
Breakfast, for Mansion guests, is always included with your stay. Light and nutritious, it offers a daily selection of fresh fruits, granola, yogurt, nuts & berries, breads and pastries. Served 8am-9am.
Breakfast selections change seasonally, all items shown may not be available.
New Orleans Style Brunch at the Big Bear Lake Restaurant – The Bistro at the Mansion
The menu changes seasonally and is served Thursday-Sunday 10am-2pm beginning July 14th.
- The Florentine: Baby spinach, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, chopped bacon, and melted cheese all folded together to create this delicious omelette. Served with breakfast potatoes and an English muffin.
- El Ranchero: Zesty ranchero sauce simmered with ground pork sausage folded inside a golden omelette with melted cheese. Served with breakfast potatoes and an English muffin.
- Big Easy: A popular classic folded around chopped country ham and melted cheese. Served with breakfast potatoes and an English muffin.
- Bill Knick: This omelette features our homemade country sausage gravy served with a buttermilk biscuit and seasoned bread potatoes.
- Blue Crab Cakes Benedict: Grilled English muffin, lump blue crab cakes, two soft poached hen’s eggs, topped with a rich citrus hollandaise sauce. Seasoned breakfast potatoes to complete this famous breakfast indulgence.
- Lobster Chorizo Sweet Potato Hash (Chef’s Choice!): Crispy grilled with two soft poached hen’s eggs, and topped with citrus hollandaise sauce. Served with an English muffin.
- Crawfish Etouffee Omelette: A Southern Cajun classic! All folded inside a golden omelette with melted cheese, and served with a buttermilk biscuit and breakfast potatoes.
- Filet Mignon Chicken-Fried Steak: A home-style favorite! Crispy skillet grilled and topped with our homemade country sausage gravy. Served with two eggs, breakfast potatoes, and buttermilk biscuit.
- The Mansion Breakfast: Two eggs, crispy bacon, cheesy grits, buttermilk biscuit, and a side of seasoned breakfast potatoes.
Private Fine Dining for Parties of 10 or More
The menu changes seasonally and will be updated soon, in the meantime read about our past menu to give you an idea of our offerings and commitment to quality cuisine.
Appetizers, Soups & Salads
- Mardi Gras Shrimp Cocktail: Large skewered shrimp, crispy tempura fried, and served with sweet chili, ginger, and lime dipping sauce.
- Ahi Tuna Tostadas: Sesame seed crusted tuna, seared “ruby rare*”, sliced and served on our signature seaweed slaw with wonton tostada. Garnished with mango papaya salsa, avocado, tobiko caviar, wasabi cream drops, and yuzu dipping sauce.
- Homemade Soups: Gumbo and Soup du Jour served in a cup or bowl.
- Bistro Baby Greens: Garnished with chopped pecans, cranberries, mandarin orange sections, and topped with white balsamic raspberry vinaigrette. Served small or large.
- Warm Baby Spinach: Chopped bacon, sweet peppers, red onions, sliced mushrooms, and chopped eggs tossed in our hot bacon dressing. Served small or large.
- Classic Caesar: Crisp hearts of romaine leaves, parmesan cheese, garlic-herb croutons, tossed in our creamy anchovy dressing. Served either vegetarian, with grilled or blackened breast of chicken or grilled herb seasoned shrimp, and small or large serving.
All entrees include a warm basket of assorted flavored local artisan baked rolls, honey butter, zesty marinated Kalamata olives, and a flavored refreshing granita. All steaks are served with fresh French fries, seasonal vegetables, and gorgonzola red wine sauce.
- Grilled New Zealand Lamb Chops: Rubbed in rosemary seasonings and olive oil, served with vegetables, creamy mash potatoes, and red wine sauce.
- Butternut Squash Ravioli: A vegetarian favorite, served on a bed of braised baby spinach with creamy roasted red bell pepper wine sauce.
- Pork “Rib Bone” Chop: Herb seasoned and crispy pan-fried, served with creamy mash potatoes, fresh vegetables, and de-glazed with sliced green apples and port wine au jus.
- New York Strip: Choice, hand-cut seasoned and char-grilled to order*.
- Filet Mignon: Chef Robert’s most tender cut of beef loin, hand-cut, seasoned and char-grilled to order*.
- Peppered Tuna Steak: Black peppercorn crusted, seared “ruby rare*”, served with steamed baby bok choy, grilled asparagus spears, fried wonton strips and ponzu sauce.
- Agave Mustard Glazed Salmon: Served with braised baby spinach and roasted fingerling potatoes.
- Seafood Paella: A Bistro favorite, assorted shellfish, white fish, calamari, Spanish chorizo, chicken and saffron rice, baked in our bouillabaisse broth.
- Cajun Jerk Chicken: Boneless whole half-chicken, seasoned with Bayou and Caribbean spices, pan-seared, served with mango, papaya salsa, red beans and rice.
- Osso Buco: Slow braised hearty pork shank served with New Orleans red beans and rice and red gravy sauce.